National Dog Day 2021 is Thursday, August 26, and the Isakson Living communities of Peachtree Hills Place in Buckhead and Parks Springs in Stone Mountain want to make sure seniors are aware of the benefits of dog ownership.
- A study in The Journal of Physical Activity and Health found that dog owners walk approximately one hour longer per day than those without a furry companion.
- Studies show that seniors that own dogs have lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol than their petless peers.
- According to AARP, having a dog also reduces the risk of heart attack and boosts long-term survival rates in those who do have heart attacks.
- Dogs bring out the social animal in people – who can resist giving a pet and starting up a conversation with the owner of a happy pup?
- Pets provide routines with regular times for getting up, eating, going for a walk, …
- In the end, dogs are love with floppy ears and wagging tails – they help owners manage depression and find purpose in their daily lives.
Both Park Springs and Peachtree Hills Place are pet-friendly communities that welcome four-legged family members. Members at Park Springs regularly walk their dogs around the 61-acre campus, while members at Peachtree Hills Place frequently are seen strolling through the Buckhead neighborhood with their dogs.
Additionally, there are two canine members of the team at Peachtree Hills Place: Tyson and Foreman are energetic six-year-old Doberman Pinschers from the Volunteer State Doberman Rescue in Tennessee. Some of the highlights of their day include patrolling the community along with the Peachtree Hills Place security team to help keep members and guests safe, greeting members and guests with a smile and a tail wag, and enjoying a treat or two from the doormen.
About Park Springs
Park Springs is an award-winning resort-style life plan community offering best-in-class independent living, assisted living, memory care and Medicare-certified skilled nursing on a beautiful 61-acre campus in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Park Springs’ long-term care, memory care and assisted living communities practice the relationship-based person-directed household model of care, which focuses on emotions to ensure members are living a life with purpose and aging with dignity. For more information, visit https://www.parksprings.com/.
About Peachtree Hills Place
Peachtree Hills Place offers discerning adults a unique experience in its luxury 55+, equity continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in Buckhead, which features amenities compatible with an active lifestyle, fine dining in an elegant clubhouse, engaging programming including two regulation-sized croquet lawns and unparalleled service. The Terraces at Peachtree Hills Place’s assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation communities practice the relationship-based person-directed household model of care, which focuses on emotions to ensure members are living a life with purpose. For more information, visit https://www.peachtreehillsplace.com/.
Tyson and Foreman: