Eating a wide variety of colorful foods is a great way to make sure your diet is balanced and healthy. We’re not talking about dyed candy and snacks, we’re talking about plates of food that look like the rainbow and come straight from the earth. Combinations of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and nuts give our bodies the most natural form of energy and supply us with the nutrients we need to feel our best. These 3 power bowl recipes will keep you awake and feeling energized every day!
Make sure to tag us in your pictures on social media so we can see your power bowls!
Spring Roll Bowl
- 3 cups sushi rice cooked
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- 1 cup spring onion chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Thinly slice the carrot, cucumber and cabbage. Set aside. Chop green onion and save for topping.
- Cook edamame according to instructions and salt to taste.
For the Shrimp
- Wash, peel and devein shrimp. If using frozen, thaw completely. Heat butter and garlic in a skillet and sear shrimp for 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside
For the rice
- Cook sushi rice according to instructions. Once cooked, add rice vinegar and fold in completely.
- Combine kewpie mayo, sriracha and a dash of coconut aminos for the perfect topping sauce.
- Start with the rice and add desired amount of shrimp. Top with veggies, coconut aminos, sriracha mayo and sesame seeds.
Strawberry Summer Salad
- 2 cups farro
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
For the Farro
- Farro cooks similar to pasta. Fill a large pot with water and salt it generously. Cook until tender, but not mushy. (cook time depends on the type of farro you have!) Strain the farro and spread it onto a baking sheet to cool. This prevents it from overcooking. After about 20 minutes, set aside for a recipe or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This "dressing" is quick, easy and delicious. Into a large bowl with your arugula, add 2 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp of honey and a pinch of salt. Toss your arugula until it is evenly coated.
- Chop strawberries and cucumbers into small cubes. Toss all ingredients together and top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Jerk Chicken Bowl
This bowl will nourish your body while giving you bursts of unique flavor with every bite.
- 2 mangos peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 4 cups baby kale chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
For the Blackened Jerk Chicken:
- Tenderize chicken thighs with a mallet or rolling pin. In a bowl or plastic bag, add jerk seasoning and pineapple chunks with a splash of the juice. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan to medium high heat and add chicken thighs to cook one at a time. Cook 4-5 minute each side, or until chicken is cooked at an internal temperature of 165º. As each thigh is cooked, set aside and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Spicy Mango Salsa
- Peel and dice mangos and combine with chopped and seeded jalapeño, cilantro, shallot and lime juice. Add salt to taste.
Smoky Black Beans
- In a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, add the sliced red onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the entire can of black beans, juices included. Add cumin, paprika, cayenne, chipotle powder, lime juice & salt to taste.
- After about 10 minutes, add chopped cilantro.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes until red onions are completely soft and the liquid has thickened.
- Add olive oil to a pan and toss kale before heating. Make sure the kale is evenly covered, and heat pan to medium. Cook until slightly wilted and salt to taste.
- Start with your quinoa and add black beans followed by chicken chopped to your liking. Top with mango salsa and diced avocado and enjoy!