We’ve given you plenty of One Pot Meals, but this one is for the extra special effort when you have a big group on hand which will be duly impressed with the homemade flair you bring to the table with this People Pleaser!!
- 16 oz. Elbow Macaroni or Shells
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flower
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 cups sharp shredded chesse
- 2 cups Gruyere Cheese Shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1- 1.5 cups Panko Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 3-4 quart baking dish.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain, coat it with olive oil, and set aside.
- To begin preparing the cheese sauce, melt 6 tbsp of butter in a sauce pan or dutch oven.
- Whisk in flour gradually over medium low heat about 2 minutes to remove the flour taste.
- Gradually add the milk and heavy cream until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Slowly add 3 cups of cheddar and 1 cup of gruyere and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- In the baking dish, pour half of the pasta, the rest of the cheese, then the rest of the pasta.
- In a bowl, mix panko, parmesan cheese, 4 tbsp melted butter, and paprika. Sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.