Today I’m sharing with you a delicious and unique one-pot meal that will have your taste buds tantalized and satisfied. One-pot meals are not only easy to make, but they also save you time, effort, and the hassle of doing multiple dishes. This particular recipe is a twist on a classic dish, and I guarantee it could become a staple in your household. So, let’s get started on making a unique One-Pot Lemon and Herb Pasta with Shrimp dish. This dish is not only easy to make, but it’s also light and fresh, perfect for those temperate spring evenings around us.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz linguine or spaghetti noodles
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving (optional)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Break the linguine or spaghetti noodles in half and add them to the pot. Stir until the noodles are evenly distributed in the sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. ( If you prefer your pasta further from al dente feel free to leave the pasta in an additional 2 minutes)
- Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Serve the pasta and shrimp in bowls, topped with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. You could also add tomato!
And there you have it, a special and delicious one-pot meal that is sure to impress. The combination of fresh lemon and herbs with tender shrimp and al dente pasta makes for a winning dish that is both satisfying and flavorful. Give it a try and let me know what you think!