Reese’s may have started the trend but here’s your own Halloween version of a fun & simple treat to make with your grandchildren – or for them! If there are no nut allergies, this is a fan favorite. Whether an afternoon snack for any age, or part of an appetizer spread for your next party, these are small enough to pop in your mouth and big enough in flavor to make a great impression.
A small peanut butter cookie and a chocolate kiss in the form of an acorn make a tasty and festive fall dessert.
- 3/4 c.smooth natural peanut butter
- 3/4 c.sugar
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- 1large egg
- 1 tbsp.flour
- 1/2 c.mini chocolate chips, divided
- 48chocolate kisses, wrappers removed
- Step 1Heat oven to 350°F. Beat first 5 ingredients in a bowl using an electric mixer until well combined.
- Step 2Spoon dough by rounded 1/4 teaspoonfuls onto an unlined baking sheet. Flatten each piece into a dome shape.
- Step 3Bake about 10 minutes or until golden around edges, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Step 4Microwave 1/4 cup mini chips in a small heat-proof bowl on high for 30 seconds, stirring at 10-second intervals. Dip the bottom of each chocolate kiss in melted chocolate, and place on the flat side of each cookie. Use the same method to affix a mini chip “stem” to the top of each cookie, completing the acorn.