This Thanksgiving Leftover Panini is a delightful way to savor the flavors of the holiday in a new and exciting sandwich.
Feel free to customize it with your preferred cheese or any additional leftovers you have on hand.
Thanksgiving Leftover Paninis
- 2 slices sturdy bread (such as ciabatta, sourdough, or Italian bread)
- 2-3 slices leftover turkey
- 2-3 tbsp leftover cranberry sauce
- 2-3 tbsp leftover stuffing
- 1-2 slices your favorite cheese, such as cheddar, Swiss, or brie
- 1-2 tbsp butter, for grilling
- Preheat the Panini Press or Grill Pan: If you have a panini press, preheat it according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't have a press, you can use a grill pan or a regular skillet..
- Assemble the Panini: Start with one slice of bread as the base.
- Spread a layer of cranberry sauce on the bread. This will add a sweet and tangy element to your panini.
- Add the leftover turkey slices on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Place the leftover stuffing on top of the turkey. Spread it out evenly.
- Add a slice or two of your favorite cheese on top of the stuffing. The cheese will help hold the panini together and add a creamy element.
- Finish with the second slice of bread as the top.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the outside of the bread slices. This will give your panini a golden and crispy crust.
- Place the panini in the preheated press or grill pan. If you're using a skillet, you can cook it like a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Grill the panini for 3-5 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. You can press down gently with a spatula if using a skillet.
- Remove the Thanksgiving Leftover Panini from the grill.
- Let it cool for a minute to avoid burning your mouth, then slice it in half.
- Serve your panini with your favorite side, such as a small bowl of leftover gravy for dipping, and enjoy!